Castello di Moruzzo
Originally subjected to the jurisdiction of the gastaldo (Patriarch’s representative) of Fagagna, in the 13th century the estate was partially granted to Odarlico di Tricano, founder of the Arcano family. Soon after, Odarlico obtained the holding of the entire property, acquiring the additional title of Count of Moruzzo. When Friuli was conquered by Venice in the summer of 1419, Marco di Tricano-Moruzzo refused to acknowledge the Venetian rule; as a result, he was accused to have sided with the Carraresi, enemies of Venice, and was beheaded in 1421. The castle frequently changed hands, eventually passing to the Polcenigos; in the second half of the 15th century it was acquired by the Arcoloniani, an ancient Vicenza family who were related to the Tricano-Moruzzos, who kept it for over three centuries. Still privately owned, it is used as a family residence and a commercial building. The keep, standing on a hilltop, is surrounded by a curtain wall, divided by small crenellated towers dating from the end of the 19th century.