Castello di Meduno
The castle was erected in 1136 upon the wishes of the Bishop of Concordia. It was then assigned to the Counts of Meduno, who in 1318 fought a violent war to gain primacy over the rival Maniago family. In 1363 the castle was attacked by the Lords of Spilimbergo, Strassoldo, Prata, Polcenigo and Urusbergo, who had sided with Rudolph, Duke of Austria, against Patriarch Ludwig von Teck (Ludovico di Teck). During the bitter conflicts which beleaguered Friuli under Patriarchal rule, the Lords of Meduno frequently took the side of the Counts of Cividale.
Passed to the Valentinis family at the beginning of the 15th century, by a series of alliances and acquisitions it returned to the Counts of Meduno. Having been damaged by an earthquake in 1776, it was abandoned and its beautiful square stones were used as building material in the nearby village.