Castello di Fagagna
The castle is one of five donated in 983 by Emperor Otto II to Patriarch Rodoaldo, located on a site of high strategic value since Roman times, bordered by the important consular road from Concordia to Silanos. Until the advent of the Venetian Republic in 1420, the castle was under direct patriarchal rule, governed by a gastaldo who was flanked by noble habitatores who resided within the castle precincts and belonged to different families. Precisely because of its importance, the fortress was often besieged, involved in battles against local feudal lords or even 'illustrious' enemies such as Ezzelino da Romano, who conquered it for the treachery of two habitatores in 1250, the Dukes of Austria Rudolph and Frederick, and King Sigismund of Hungary.
Described as being in ruins shortly after the mid-16th century by Girolamo di Porcia, all that remains of the vast complex are a few sections of the walls, the ruins of a keep, the small castle church, the high bell tower built into the main tower and a small building with medieval parts used as a restaurant.