Castello di Prampero (Magnano in Riviera)
In 1025, the Patriarch of Aquileia Popone, in support of the Holy Roman Empire's policy of peaceful expansion, which also in Friuli aimed at renewing the late antique agricultural and commercial splendour, gave permission to one of his feudal lords from Bavaria to build a castrum on a wooded hill overlooking a cultivated plain marked by two roads. Thus arose the castle of Prampero, since then and over the centuries half of which has been held by the feudal lords of the same name, the other half owned by them, and at present wholly owned by Peter Henry, their direct descendant. This uninterrupted genealogy, the initial wall structure still standing despite the 116 earthquakes it has suffered, as well as the Prampero Family Archive have allowed for a rigorous study of the building, also supported by three archaeological excavation campaigns. The castle, now partially reconstructed after 1976, when it was inhabited by Afro, who had made it his studio in Friuli, has resumed its historical role by hosting the family and at the same time scientific-cultural events organised by the family for the benefit of the community.