Casa Fortificata del Bergum (Povoletto)
The site where the fortified Bergum house was erected is probably the same Bergogna settlement which is mentioned in a document from 1275. Situated in the extensive plains between Remanzacco and Campeglio, the estate belonged to the Calderini family; in 1770 it was passed to the Serafini family.
In addition to a series of farm buildings, the site includes a Medieval tower with elegant brick dentils and arches on top. The main building has an attractive vaulted entrance hall and on the corresponding first floor a room adorned with 14th century frescoes, among which one depicting St Mark’s lion. The entire complex is contained in a walled enclosure, at one time higher and wider.
Fragments of walls inside the main building suggest that construction began during the Early Middle Ages, while important restoration was probably carried out in the 16th century, as indicated by the elegant coat of arms inserted into the façade, held up by two angels displaying this date.